Thursday, September 3, 2020

More Contemporary Christian Country

Last week we discussed the evolution of contemporary Country artists releasing songs with decided CCM bent. 

Last Friday, seven-time GRAMMY Award winner and five-time CMA Female Vocalist of the Year, Carrie Underwood, premiered the first pre-release track from her first-ever Christmas album, My Gift, available globally on September 25, 2020. The pre-release track, "Let There Be Peace", was written by Underwood, Brett James, and David Garcia. 

“I’ve always wanted to make a Christmas album and it’s been a long time coming,” says Underwood. “I knew this would be my next music project after wrapping my tour last year, and I think it’s turned out to be the perfect time for an album like this, in this period of such personal and spiritual reflection. For me, it’s more important than ever to focus on the true meaning of Christmas in a project like this. Even though it has been a tough year for all of us, sometimes I feel like the greatest realizations can be inspired by the most difficult times, and make us more grateful for the things we do have and for what truly matters.”

Though I hesitate to bring up the thought of Christmas since it is only the beginning of September, this song is appropriate for now and deserves a listen. I sure we will hear it often in the upcoming holiday season and even have a suspicion that this may be the big new Christmas hit for 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment