Tuesday, March 5, 2013

John 11:17-37



I've heard many people comment about how cool it is to visit Washington D.C. I would agree there's some 'cool stuff' to see there. But when I visited there quite a few years ago, I also had this sense of an ever-present evil in the place. It's hard to describe, but it was a feeling that Satan is working overtime in our nation's capitol. One place I didn't have that feeling was at the burial site of our nation's first president, George Washington. Above his grave was this inscription from verses 25 and 26 in our reading for today:

Jesus said to her (Martha), "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die."

A great reminder that no matter how strong evil may be, Jesus demonstrated power over it when He rose from the grave and has power to keep us in the faith that will result in our own resurrection from the dead.

Pray today for God's power to protect from evil those who make and interpret our laws.
Pastor David

No comments:

Post a Comment