Thursday, August 13, 2020

New Release from Jason Gray

JASON GRAY has just released a new song, "Glory Days". I have been listening to Jason Gray for many years and feel a special connection ever since he performed a small concert for our church members at our newly purchased land before we started building our current church. Besides, he is from Southwest Minnesota and still lives near the Twin Cities.

This song will be released for radio play next month and is the first single from the third volume of his three-part album, Order Disorder Reorder, which will be available Oct. 2.

“I love the way the two different uses of ‘glory’ play together in these verses,” says Gray, referencing 2 Cor. 3:18 and Romans 5:3-4 as the inspiration for his new single. “It got me thinking about the phrase ‘glory days’ and how we tend to think of the glory days as a charmed time in our life when everything was perfect and trouble-free. But as I read those verses, and elsewhere in scripture, it’s clear that the difficult days are when God gets his best work done in us; as suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character, and character hope [Rom. 5:3-4]. I wondered: what if our glory days are actually the days of trouble and struggle that God uses to transform me ‘from glory to glory?’ [2 Cor. 3:18]

“I find myself feeling something like a quiet anticipation on days when I’m feeling broken hearted,” continues Gray. “I, too, can ‘glory in my sufferings’ [Rom. 5:3] because I know those are good days to seek God, trusting that I’m in a good place for him to do his work in me, moving me from glory to glory, making me more of the person I most want to be—someone who looks a little more like Jesus every day.”

These are my glory days
Busted and broken, but finally open
Wider than an empty grave
This is the good life now
Found it where I fell down
Shattered in pieces, but thank you Jesus
These are my, these are my glory days 

No comments:

Post a Comment