Tuesday, February 23, 2021

New Music

Jon Foreman’s musical journey began in 1996 in a surfboard filled garage in San Diego, California. These were the humble beginnings of multi-platinum selling, Grammy Award winning alt-rock band SWITCHFOOT. His latest release, Departures, serves as the latest chapter in Jon’s lifelong search for light in the dark moments.

“For me, 2020 has been a year of departures. And I’m not alone in this. For many of us, this has been a season of death. Of decay. Of fear and doubt and uncertainty. For Americans. For humans. For friends and relatives around the world. I’m not alone when I say that this has been a rough year.” – Jon Foreman

Departures features a highly anticipated collaboration with Lauren Daigle on the track “A Place Called Earth,” which can be heard below. “My dear friend Jon Foreman and I sat down to write ‘A Place Called Earth’ about 3 or 4 years ago now,” Daigle shared. “My heart is really in a similar place…longing for Heaven to come in this place called earth.”


***************
TobyMac released a new song last week,  "Help Is On The Way (Maybe Midnight)"

"I wrote “Help is on the Way (Maybe Midnight)” after a season in the valley of sad songs. With a broken heart after losing my firstborn son and stepping almost immediately into quarantine everything was dark. I woke up one day and turned to the Psalms. I read that “God is rolling up His sleeves”. What beautiful imagery. This picture turned me from having hope to yelling it from the rooftops. The God of all creation is rolling up His sleeves on our behalf. What a promise. We are not forgotten, not at all. That very morning I started writing;
“It may be midnight or mid day,
never early, never late
He’s gon’ stand by what he claims,
I’ve lived enough left to say…"

***************
Jordan St. Cyr, the recently signed singer/songwriter with BEC Recordings, has just released another new track. “Be My Defender” which will be featured on St. Cyr’s upcoming EP, Be My Defender, slated to release March 12, 2021. This new song follows in the footsteps of his “Fires” track released late last year which continues to gain momentum in streaming and on the radio.


***************
Recording artist and songwriter John Waller releases his first new radio single in over two years, “But God.” The song is the title track from Waller’s sixth full-length studio album set to release this spring.

Inspired by scriptures like 1 Corinthians 1:27, and written for a season that has been difficult for Waller and plunged so many people around the world into a spiral of hopelessness, “But God” is a declarative anthem of hope.

“The story of ‘But God’ is all of our stories in the past year,” perceives Waller. “There is so many moments in Scripture where there was trouble, persecution and where things seemed hopeless. And then there is that ‘But God’ moment. The biggest one was God demonstrating His own love by sending his Son.”

“I think this song is going to encourage a lot of people,” continues Waller. “I know when I listen to it and sing it, it brings hope, light, life. We may see darkness and chaos, but God sees new beginnings. I pray that this song will do that for you and for anyone who hears it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment