Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Proverbs Chapter 30

Daily Bread

In my Bible I have brackets drawn around verses 7-9 (the result of a previous reading of the chapter) with this note written in pen:  "Great Wisdom."

Here are the verses:

Two things I ask of you, O Lord; do not refuse me before I die:

   
1) Keep falsehood and lies far from me;

   
2) give me neither poverty nor riches,
        but give me only my daily bread.

       Otherwise I may have too much and disown you
           and say, "Who is the Lord?"
       Or I may become poor and steal and so dishonor the name of my God.

To which I must repeat:  "Great Wisdom."

Please leave a comment about the verse(s) that stood out for you from this chapter.

God bless your reading,
Pastor David

p.s. I added the numbers, they are not in the original text.

No comments:

Post a Comment