Wednesday, March 13, 2013

John 12:20-36



A very interesting passage that begins with some Greeks (non-Jewish people) wanting to see Jesus. In my Bible I have underlined their request:  We want to see Jesus, and next to it I wrote this note:  "The greatest thing I could wish for anyone." Wanting to see Jesus is the greatest thing because of this promise in Jeremiah 29:11-13

 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  (NIV)

God promises that He will be found by us when we seek Him. Jesus points out in John 12:32 that "When I am lifted up from the earth I will draw ALL men to myself." In other words, Jesus is making it clear that He did not just come for the Jewish people. He came for all people, including these 'seeking' Greeks.

Please pray for God to work in the heart of some person in your life and bring them to the place where they too "want to see Jesus."

God bless your reading,
Pastor David

No comments:

Post a Comment