Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Keep Me In The Moment

Jeremy Camp recently released a new music video with a message and story perfectly suited for America’s current quarantine.  Though "Keep Me In The Moment" was written for his movie I Still Believe, his new music video seems like the perfect theme song to describe the world’s current quarantine.

“Keep Me in the Moment’’ is about family and meaning.
As Americans and nations around the world social distance, staying home to protect others from the Coronavirus pandemic, the video, released March 20, shows similar American families, together at home.

Few Americans expected to be “shut down’’ even a few weeks ago
Here we are, ordered to stay home, thinking about our families, safety, our health and our future. Certain friends and relatives are kept apart for safety’s sake.

Our normal community activities including work, restaurants, movies, traveling, the gym and church are largely off-limits. And Camp sings: 
“Singing oh Lord, keep me in the moment. Help me live with my eyes wide open cause I don’t wanna miss what you have for me… show me what matters..’’
Our activities and our economy are stuck in place, suddenly barely able to move. Forced to read more, reflect more from home, Camp adds: 
Throw away what I’m chasing after ’cause I don’t wanna miss what you have for me. Keep me in the moment. Oh, keep me in the moment…’’
Our past was taken away, our future is uncertain…
When the future is uncertain and our past routines and communal activities have been disrupted “the moment’’ is literally all we have. As Camp sings: 
“All I got is one shot, one try. One go around in this beautiful life Nothing is wasted when everything’s placed in your hands.’’
The silver lining of our current crisis?

With communities and our very economy closed, most Americans have been forced to stay at home, forced to pull closer together, quarantined with loved ones, reflecting on the moment and the meaning of our very lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment