Monday, October 12, 2020

Attitude of Gratitude VII

With the end of summer, many people get depressed thinking about winter being just around the corner and bringing with it the upcoming cold weather and snow (though I know a few who anxiously look forward to snow, like a certain unnamed pastor's wife 😁). But if that is your focus, you may be missing out on the most colorful season in Minnesota - autumn. Our state is known for it's expansive lakes and outdoor beauty. This is never more evident than at this time of year when the foliage changes to a painted landscape. 

So today I am grateful for the beauty of the season around us that God has provided. We only need to look around outside to remind us of Psalm 118:23... "This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes." 

I think that as much as I enjoy the greenery of Spring, this is still my favorite time of the year. The weather turns cooler, the bugs and tourists tend to disappear, and everything around us becomes like a painted canvas. It is easy to see God's handiwork. The evidence is all around us. I only need to take a short drive to remind myself of the glory of God at this time of year. "On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate." Psalm 145:5

I hope you enjoy the Fall as much as I do and are grateful for God providing us a glimpse of His works.

No comments:

Post a Comment