Thursday, October 8, 2020

New Artist Josh Baldwin

Okay, actually not a new artist, but I expect that not many people are aware of Josh Baldwin yet.  This Dove Award-nominated singer/songwriter and worship leader has released Evidence, his highly anticipated Bethel Music sophomore set. Produced by We The Kingdom’s Ed Cash and The Creak Music’s David Leonard, Brad King and Seth Talley, the 11-track project finds Baldwin embracing his most authentic artistic expression to date, both lyrically and sonically.

From organic, country-tinged pop to anthemic moments of worship, the album is punctuated by banjo, harmonica and close harmonies, bringing Baldwin’s North Carolina roots to the forefront. 

“Throughout my history with the Lord I’ve seen His faithfulness and goodness in my life, but now I’m finally coming to an even greater understanding of who I am in Him,” Baldwin says. “I didn’t realize it until all the songs on the record were complete, but that’s the theme running through it—embracing my identity as a new creation in the Lord and following His heart.”

“I think this theme seeps into the sound as well,” he adds. “The music is just a natural extension of who I am and my influences. More than any other record I’ve done, my roots really come through in this project. I feel like I’m finally fully revealing who I am as an artist.”

The album's title-cut and debut single, which is currently a Top 20 hit on both Billboard's Christian Airplay and Christian AC Monitored charts, extols God’s steadfast love through every generation.

There are some great songs on this album. You should listen to "Mighty God," "My King Forever," "New Creations," or one that I really enjoy called "Best Friends":

No comments:

Post a Comment