Thursday, November 5, 2020

A Thanksgiving Song

I have been presenting a lot of new Christmas songs already in the past few weeks. It seems that most artists are working on Christmas projects, but new Thanksgiving songs are pretty rare.

To help fill this void, artist Ben Rector has just released "The Thanksgiving Song." In his words. "When I started putting together the Christmas album, I realized I hadn't ever heard a Thanksgiving song. I feel like everyone has an emotional connection and a lot of memories around Thanksgiving, just like they do Christmas, so I did my best to write a song that honored that. I hope this song captures the magic and nostalgia that we all look forward to at Thanksgiving. I also secretly hope that this becomes the official theme song for Thanksgiving (this is both based on that I think the song is a very good Thanksgiving song and also that it is the only Thanksgiving song)."

I especially like the words on the last chorus:

So fill your plate and fill your drink
Put your dishes in the kitchen sink
And let the leftover year just wash away
Cause we made it through I do believe the longest year in history
Thank God that it’s Thanksgiving Day 

This is a good song. I hope you enjoy "The Thanksgiving Song."

No comments:

Post a Comment