Thursday, October 22, 2020

More New Christmas Music

Okay, I give up. We've had our first snow of the winter (about 6") and most of the new music being published is Christmas music. So even if I don't want to, maybe it's time start embracing the upcoming season of celebration...

For KING & COUNTRY released “Heavenly Hosts,” the latest track and lyric video from the duo’s forthcoming Christmas album A Drummer Boy Christmas, out October 30th. “Heavenly Hosts” is one of two original songs written by for KING & COUNTRY for their new album.

Fresh off their win last night at the Billboard Music Awards for Top Christian Song, Joel and Luke Smallbone, the brothers who make up for KING & COUNTRY, shared in a statement: “Writing an original Christmas song is a bit of a daunting task, but we were always very intrigued by what it looked like when the angels met the shepherds. What did it look like, and what was being said? One of the beautiful storylines of the song is that the simple shepherds were the first ones to see the beautiful spectacle in the sky, and we thought it would be an appropriate story to tell through song for A Drummer Boy Christmas.”


**********
Matthew West also released a new original holiday song last week. "The Hope of Christmas".

"I had the idea for 'The Hope of Christmas' pretty early in 2020," shares Matthew West on his new holiday track. "It’s felt like we could use a little Christmas right now! I find myself looking back at the Christmases of my youth, life seemed so much simpler then. There’s a line in the song that says, 'these days peace on earth is hard to find, and I need you to remind me one more time.' I guess that pretty much sums up how I’ve been feeling this year, and I have a feeling I’m not the only one. I see a world reeling from the turmoil of a pandemic, political divides, and racial tension. I’ve always felt that my calling as a songwriter is to extract that hope even from situations where it seems all hope is lost. Writing this song helped me remember the reason why we can always have hope. Hope has a name. His name is Jesus, the Hope of Christmas."

This is a great new Christmas song:


**********
Although, not a new original Christmas song, Zach Williams is bringing his signature style to a Christmas favorite, "Go Tell It On the Mountain".

"Go tell it on the mountain, that Jesus Christ was born - I can't think of a more needed message right now," Williams states on his revised classic. "2020 has shaken many of us to the core, and as this year comes to a close, I want THIS to be the message that ends our year. No matter your struggles, Jesus Christ was born to set you free. I checked another box on my bucket list - recording at FAME studios in Muscle Shoals Alabama, and this rendition is filled with a mix of the soul of that legendary studio, the camaraderie of my bandmates, and the message of hope that Jesus was born to save us all."

This may be my new favorite version of this classic Christmas song:

No comments:

Post a Comment